Teston Club Forum

Teston Club's own forum
It is currently Mon Jan 18, 2021 1:33 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:03 pm 
Site Admin

There are three ways to post pictures each of which will require some web/internet knowledge.

THE FIRST

is to use an online photo hosting website. There are lots of these, just do a goggle search, however a couple of well known ones are:

http://www.flickr.com/

http://photobucket.com/

Once you have uploaded your pictures you can link directly to them using the [img] button at the top of the New Topic page. Just use the link your online picture hosting site tells you, including the link to the pictures you have uploaded. I have tested photobucket and it works very well. It also gives you the [img] code which you just copy and paste into your post. I would recommend this if you are a complete novice.

THE SECOND

if you are experienced on the internet then most ISPs provide you with free web space. As in THE FIRST above upload your pictures to your webspace and then use the [img] button around http://yourwebspace/picturefilename.

THE THIRD

is to use the Upload attachment tab which can be found below a new topic next to Options. PLEASE NOTE THAT YOUR PICTURES WILL NOT BE BACKED UP IN CASE OF A FORUM CRASH. Click on 'reply' or 'new topic' and look below to find the Upload attachment tab. This will upload your picture to the Teston Club Forum. There is a maximum file size of 340kb. If your picture is bigger than this it will not be uploaded. You can upload up to 20 pictures per post and a thumbnail will be shown on your post. Clicking on the thumbnail will let people open the full picture. If you have any questions or problems please post them in the Help Forum or else there are a number of people down the Club you could ask. Start with Phil Bond although Bob Harris and Rodney Thornton may be able to help. If you ask Willie the Club cannot be responsible for his response or the web site you end up at!!

RE-SIZING PICTURES

There are a number of free applications available to re-size your pictures. In general you don't really want to be posting pictures bigger than around 150kB in file size or 600 pixels in width. One application I have used successfully is Picture Resizer. You can download it from here. I would suggest size of 600 pixels (longer side) and a compression quality of high (90 or better).

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]